DIY Chalk Board.....

I have seen these on etsy and thought about buying one for my little craft/office space, but the prices were outrageous around $50.00. Do you ever look at something and think i can make that?
It was much simpler that i even imagined. Here's how to make one of your own!

  • I found this frame for $1.00 at a thrift store 
  • One of  my co-workers cut me a piece of leftover plywood to put in the frame.
    • At Wal-Mart i bought: Chalkboard paint for a little under $4.00 and painters tape around $2.50.


    • I completely covered the frame in the painters tape.
    • Then i sprayed several coats of paint and let dry before i put on another coat.
    • Total time was around 2 hours and it was dry enough for me to remove the tape and hang up!
    • Of course you will want to wait until the paint is completely dry before writing on it.
    • From the light of the flash on my camera you can see the grooves in the plywood, you might want to find a smoother piece, but i like free! so i took what i could get!!
    • My co-worker went ahead and nailed the plywood in or i would have painted the plywood before putting it in the frame.
    •  The brush on kind of paint would probably have been less messy and would have removed the need for the painters tape but i could not find it at Wal-Mart.
    • Total Cost was around $8.00 and i have plenty enough tape and paint left over to make 2 or 3 more!
    HAPPY CRAFTING!!

    Comments

    Popular Posts