Christmas Wreaths...

I found a Halloween wreath project over at the Dollar Store Craft's Blog, I decided to make something similar for Christmas.
 
 
I put these together in less than two hours time and the supplies to make all three was under $12.00. I was aiming for a vintage retro look.
 
Supplies:
  • 3 wreaths i bought at the Dollar Tree for $1.00 each
  • 2 rolls of ribbon
  • 1 pack of pipe cleaners
  • Scissors
  • Glue Gun
  • Glitter Glue in Christmas Colors
  • Glue Stick
  • 3 retro Christmas clip art photos (i printed them on regular paper)
  • Construction Paper in Christmas colors
 
I found the wreaths at Dollar Tree and i thought they looked cheap and ugly but i thought they might have potential, after i wrapped them ribbon around to fill in the bald spots they already looked much better!
 
At Michael's I searched for ribbon that looked retro, i ended up with a red velvet that was trimmed in sliver tinsel, i found pipe cleaners that exactly matched the ribbon trim.
 
I looked around at Dollar Tree for something i could use as trim and found the little tinsel package, candy cane, and tree.
 
I googled free vintage Santa, deer, and snowman images until i found one's i liked. I printed them on regular copy paper (card stock might work better) cut out the images and glued them to green construction paper, then cut out the image again leaving a small amount of overhang, then i hot glued the silver pipe cleaners around the edges up the construction paper to make a vintage looking trim. I used glitter glue to accent the images.
 
I just used hot glue to glue everything in place. I am still looking for maybe some accent words or something else vintage looking to add to them.
 
Happy Crafting!

Comments

Popular Posts