Hattie Caroline's Keys

My Dad had given me a box that his Dad had given him of things that belonged to his parents, my Great Grandparents. In the box i found a bunch of beautiful old skeleton keys that belonged to my Great Grandmother, Hattie Caroline. My Dad said as a boy he could remember her hanging a ring of keys off of her belt loop wherever she went. Picture and old rugged mountain woman who would rather work outside in the field than stay inside and cook :) I made one of the keys into a necklace, but i have always tried to think of something i could use the rest of them for, it dawned on me to hang them on the tree as ornaments!
 




 
Ever year my Mother always bought at least one new ornament and i have tried to keep up that tradition. Yesterday I found this pink beauty at Antiques on Main :)

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts