Madrigal Dinner

I love this beautiful old rock building that was built by the Works Progress Administration in the 1930's. It has housed the Ashe Arts Council ever since I can remember. 


My Aunt Edie


The Food for the Evening

Schedule of Events

The Music

Last night my Aunt Edie invited me to a Madrigal Dinner at the Ashe Arts Council.
 It was a medieval themed play with a traditional English feast.
The food was catered by a professional chef and was divine although I will complain I left hungry and the tickets for the thing were $40.00 a person :( My poor Aunt only ended up with one potato and one carrot :(
I have always wanted to try Yorkshire pudding and it was lovely except for the fact they were only the size of silver dollar.
There was lots of hot wassail to drink and the best bread pudding I have ever ate.
All of the music was traditional English songs and they were all sang acapella accompanied only by guitar and flute.
It was a fun and different activity to do around the holidays and i was able to spend some time with my Aunt.

Comments

Popular Posts