Christmas Splurges to get me through January

I splurged and bought myself a new blue leather tote bag for Christmas.
$40.00 at Tuesday Morning and it has a life time warranty ;-)

Sorry not a good picture.

Does anyone else find January to be a totally drab, depressing, month?
I ended up getting a bit carried away shopping on Amazon for things to keep me occupied throughout the month.

I am so in love with Mary Helen Bowers, Ballet Beautiful workouts.
The workouts are actually fun and low impact.
I ended up with two of her workout DVD's.
Her book Ballet Beautiful.
And a new pair of ballet slippers for my workouts.
I am so excited waiting on my new ballet slippers to arrive!
Mary Helen is amazing, you should check out her Instagram account! 
She is originally from North Carolina!









I love a local North Carolina author, Sarah Addison Allen.
Her book Garden Spells is one of my favorite books.
Something else I have to look forward to, a sequel to Garden Spells, named First Frost,  is coming out at the end of January! 
I bought another one of her books The Girl who Chased the Moon.
I know you are not supposed to judge a book by the cover, but I am apt to buy a book if it has an enchanting cover, as do all of Sara Addison Allen's books and her books are just as enchanting ;-)


I really splurged and bought a Hallmark Christmas movie I love, Christmas with Holly.
I was excited to find out the movie is based on a book called Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas.
Apparently there is a whole series of Friday Harbor books!
I love a good book series!



 I am just trying to stay busy.
For the past several months I have been taking a class on Saturday mornings at our local Catholic Church.
I have rally enjoyed the class and the other participants in the class are a group of older ladies.
They are all so very sweet, and have been a blessing to me in the short amount of time I have known them.
I bought a calendar to do more meal planning for for each month.
I love coffee shops and the library so I have a feeling I will be spending plenty of time there next month.
Someone just opened up a new coffee shop in town called The Mean Bean.
I have not tried it out yet, but I hear it is good. If anything, I want to try it out just for the name!

What do you do to beat the winter blues?

All images (except for the terrible first one!) are from Amazon listings!

Comments

Popular Posts