Small things in life...


“The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field.  Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches
Matthew 13:31-32

When times are tough I  always try to remember the small things.
The small things can bring the most joy and happiness.

A few small things I have enjoyed lately are.......

My area at work.
I like to bring personal things from home to brighten up my work spaces.
People will look at things I bring from home and comment "that looks like you!"
It is friendly and inviting and I think cheers people up.
I  bring my own special Nola lavender scented hand soap for the bathroom and lavender scented dish soap for the work kitchen :-)

Excuse the mess. I am still trying to catch up from a very busy summer.

I found this sweet little painting at Artwalk in Boone for 50% off last month. She was meant to come home with me.

 My old office in Boone did not have much of a view.
My current view is of the county jail, but my office used to be a residential house so the side view is gorgeous especially in my favorite season fall.







My sweet little Mr. Jack all snuggled up under our Christmas tree.
My little cat shows me unconditional love and he brings me so much joy.


My sweet Granny who is always so full of love and encouragement.
She is and will always be my favorite person.
There is just not enough words to describe how much I love and appreciate her.


 Partaking of left over cupcakes Granny made for Christmas.
Granny cupcakes area always the best!


Lipstick always puts a smile on my face.
I am loving my new lipstick in Rose from Lancome.
I am growing a bit concerned because my left eye swells
 I have been to the doctor multiple times and I can't seem to get any answers as to why. 
Lipstick just makes anything better though ;-)


"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun."
Ecclesiastes 8:15 NIV

"so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the LORD your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life."
Deuteronomy 6:2 NIV

"Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth. Walk in the ways of your heart and the sight of your eyes. But know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment."
Ecclesiastes 11:9 ESV

"There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God,"
Ecclesiastes 2:24 ESV

Comments

Popular Posts