Drive along the parkway

 I wasn't feeling well when I woke up this morning.
I fell back asleep and did not wake up until 1:30!!!
It was around 4:00 before I left the house.
I read for awhile at the Coffee House.
I remembered I forgot to get face powder when I was in Belk the other day.
I on the spur of the moment decided to take the long way and drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway to Boone.
The drive is magical.
 I love seeing all the old farms, as I passed thru areas called Foggy Gap, Bamboo Gap, Aho, and Deep Gap, it reminds me of how my ancestors would have seen the mountains when they came to this area 200 or so years ago.
The weather was perfect and the views breathtaking.
I stopped at several of the overlooks along the way to stop and take some pictures.
I am so bad to take where we live for granted, it was nice to "stop and smell the roses" today.
I love my mountains!

(Click on the photos to show the full pictures)











Comments

Popular Posts