Deception Pass, Whidby Island, & Ferry Ride

  I was so happy to be able to spend time with my good friend Cindy.
She moved from North Carolina back to the Seattle last year.
I have never had a friend like her! I have missed her so much!
We read the same books, have the same the same decorating style, and we both love and appreciate anything old from houses to furniture just to name a few!
The highlight of my trip was the day we drove out to Whidby Island. 
The island is truly magical!
Cindy's Grandmother lived on the Island and she spent her summers there.
We took the long way and drove out to the Island through a beautiful place (I think is another island) named Deception Pass.
We drove around the island all day and Cindy showed me where her Grandmother lived, the beach, places she visited and played as a child as she commented how much things have changed, and we oohed and awed over the gorgeous old homes and cottages on the Island.
We drove into the cutest little town name Coupeville to eat lunch and stroll thru the shops.
I am not sure if it was because school was not out yet or because the weather was a bit dreary (I think the weather is normal for the island though?) but the town was empty and felt as if we had the whole place to ourselves.
So idyllic! I just loved the whole island! The people were so friendly too!
In the afternoon we ended up taking the ferry back towards Seattle.
I wish that I had taken more photos but I was too busy soaking up the whole entire experience.
Such a magical day that I will never forget!






















All of the flowers in Washington seemed to be so lush and beautiful!


This is an historic inn on the Island.

This was Cindy's Grandmother's house. 






We stopped for ice cream before we left.
























Comments

Popular Posts