The Word of Wisdom

Since i have been attending The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints words really cannot express the changes that have came in my life, i just feel so much happier! my life makes sense to me now, i know my purpose, why i am on earth, it's the greatest feeling.

I learn so much everyday, one of the greatest blessings has been The Word of Wisdom found in Doctrine and Covenants section 89. What is The Word of Wisdom you say? In 1833 the Lord revealed to the Prophet Joseph Smith that we are to obstain from alcohol, tobacco, and hot drinks (meaning Coffee and Tea) illegal drugs or other harmful or addictive substances and that we should eat meat and grains sparingly and eat plently of fruits and vegetables. The beauty of this to me is not just a law of health, but the fact that in 1833 their was not food pyramid and coffeee, tea, alcohol, drugs were not known  to be bad for you at that time. I love that it says "And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings....shall receive health in their naval and marrow to their bones; and shall find wisdom and treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures; "And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint. "And I, the Lord , give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen". Those words are so beautiful to me. I know thatThe Church of Jesus Christ and The Book of Morman are  true and i grow in my testimony every day.

It does not mention Soda, but  i have prayed about it, and i consider Soda to be my other so i poured what i had left in a two liter down the sink today and filled up my water jug!

I am so looking forward to my Babtisim on the 27th!

Comments

Popular Posts