Thanksgiving 2014


Keeping it real.......cooking is messy!

I tried out a new pumpkin pie recipe this year. They turned out yum!




The rolls are a long story..........My Aunt was rushing me and it was the first time I have made rolls. I have made bread, cinnamon rolls, and pizza dough, but not rolls. They looked beautiful and perfectly done until I tried to take them out and put them in the bread basket.........not done............I had to basically cut them into smaller pieces and bake them on a different pan..........they were actually very good! they tasted much better than they looked. My Aunt really hurt my feelings because she showed up two hours early, Granny and I were both still in our night gowns, and she kept asking and asking are you making rolls, so while I was in the shower she sent her husband to the store to buy them! I actually felt quite proud all of my rolls were gobbled up and the store bought ones were not needed after all!


My very sweet Aunt Carolyn.







My sweet sweet Granny. She was as frustrated as I was. Relatives  kept rushing us all day to get the food ready and on the table. Granny will be 93 in January and it's just hard for her to cook big meals anymore like she used too. My sweet Aunt Carolyn really helped us out allot and she gave me pointers on saving my rolls! 

I am so thankful for Jesus our Savior and the many blessings from our Heavenly Father:
I am grateful for my sweet Granny.
I am grateful to have never known real hunger.
I am grateful Granny lets me live with her at her house.
I am grateful for a warm bed to sleep in at nigt.
I am grateful for my job and medical insurance.
I am grateful for my cats.
I am grateful for my little car that gets where I need to go.
I am grateful for books and Pinterest ;)

Comments

Popular Posts