Coconut Cake Receipe

I have not gotten anything accomplished the past two days.
I have been laying around in my night gown, eating leftovers, watching Christmas movies with Granny.
Although, I did venture out of the house this afternoon to pick up a few things for Granny at Wal-Mart.
And I stopped by Subway on the way home to pick us up dinner and Cato's was calling my name. 
I ended up with a new dress and a new belt to go with my new dress :-)

I wanted to share this coconut cake recipe my friend Melanie shared with me.
Melanie made it for our work Christmas party and she said people kept coming up to her asking if she was the one who made "that" coconut cake and then they would tell her "thank you!" for making it.
I tried it out for our Christmas dinner the other night and the same thing happened!
My Uncle came by today to fix the leg on the kitchen table and he wanted to know if there was any more left!

Easy to make and yummy! 

Coconut Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can cream of coconut (I found this on the beer isle with the mixed drink stuff at Wal-Mart)
12-16 ounce Cool Whip
1 pkg frozen coconut 

Bake cake in a 9-by-13 inch pan as directed.
Take out of oven and poke holes allover with a drinking straw.
Mix condensed milk and cream of coconut.
Pour mixture over cake while warm.
Let cool in refridgerator.
Add Cool Whip on top, then sprinkle coconut.
Cover with plastic wrap.
Keep in refrigerator overnight (the longer it sits the better it tastes :-)
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts