There is no in-between state

I found this quote by Jenny on the Vintage Mommy blog:

"Never again do I want to say that I'm living in an in-between state. Life happens there, too. God works there too. And he has."

I Love, Love, Love this!

When I was in high school I had the privileged of working as a resident assistant in a nursing home. I loved that job and put everything I had in to it. There was one particular man that had recently went blind and he was having a hard time adjusting to his new life and his new surroundings at the nursing home. Everyday of my summer vacation I brought him a pack of nabs, a sandwich, and a diet mountain dew, and we would chat in his room. At that time I thought it was an in between state until I could go to college and move on. I never could have imagined, at that time, how that job, and those experiences, would prepare me for my life now, here at the little house, with Granny. 

Then it happened again. I think for awhile I was so down on myself, thinking I had not achieved anything over the past ten years. I was so caught up in what I wanted my life to be that I forgot to live in the now. I really have learned what a gift it is to be able to live with Granny here in the little house. 

It is the small everyday things that make life beautiful.

You can't wait for life to happen because life is now!

I am so blessed!

"This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it".
 Psalm 118:24 


Me and my Sweet Granny
Christmas 2011 or 2012


Comments

Popular Posts