Stitching History from the Holocaust

This is just such a beautiful video I found on YouTube about a a dress designer, Hedwig “Hedy” Strnad, who perished in the Holocaust. Her dress designs were found many years later by a relative and donated to the Jewish Museum in Milwaukee. The dresses were able to be made 70 some years later and are now an exhibit in the museum. Oh! How I  would love to visit this exhibit.




I have really been shocked lately at just how much some of my friends, relatives, and co-workers do not know about the Holocaust.
 I have been making sure to post every article I can find in regards to 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, that is tomorrow, to my Facebook page. 
It is just so important that all of the victims be remembered. 
Really it's just unimaginable to me the scale of the loss of life, simply because they were Jewish.
 I really don't have words to sum up how it makes me feel.
We must never forget what happened, it needs to be shared, the survivors stories told. 

"There is only one thing worse than Auschwitz itself...and that is if the world forgets there was such a place." Henry Appel

"It happened, therefore it can happen again....it can happen anywhere." Primo Levi

Comments

Popular Posts