Proud of myself!

I have not had any diet soda pop in almost two months!

I have been struggling with Fibromyalgia and PCOS/Insulin Resistance and my symptoms had just been getting worse and worse. I was at a very low point and stopped making weekend plans because I knew I would need to sleep/rest on the weekend just to function during the week and I was still sleeping in my car on my lunch break.

I knew something had to change.

I have went on any kind of diet you can think of and most recently trying to follow a low carb diet. Still I felt terrible all the time. Always before I had followed the diet but kept my diet soda. I seriously thought that was one thing nobody could take away from me! I was full blown addicted to drinking diet soda!

 I had read so many articles recently on what drinking soda does to your body and all the side effects from aspartame. I thought I will give up the soda and see what happens!

I quit the soda cold turkey. I will admit the first week was torture! by the second week I noticed a huge difference in my energy levels and how my body felt. I started walking in the park again in the evenings and pretty soon had enough energy to walk in the park during my lunch break too! Some days I still struggle with Fibromyalgia symptoms, they have not gone away completely, but I am feeling a world of a difference better!

I have been drinking a cup of coffee in the morning. I am not supposed to drink coffee , but I feel like it's much better for my health and maybe one day I will give it up too. I discovered I really love lime in my water so that is my go to now. As how it should have always been!

I used to crave sugar all the time and have noticed a huge decrease in my sugar craving too!

I have lost 25 pounds so far!

 I have a long way yet to go, but one step at a time :)


Do not mess with my morning cup of coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts