Fibromyalgia sucks.


There is a frequent commercial that comes on TV for a drug that is supposed to help ease fibromyalgia symptoms.


A lady in the commercial says “I used to be organized” and a pile of junk is shown on the table.


This is my life! And it is so frustrating!


It took me 10 years to finally get a diagnosis.


In ways I feel relieved that I finally have an actual diagnosis, yet learning to manage my symptoms has been very hard.


Several years ago my cousin told me I was not dependable. Ouch that one hurt!


After that I stopped making plans with people and even quit going to church for a while.

I never know how I am going to feel when I wake up in the morning.


The pain and indescribable exhaustion almost cripples me.


I feel like I am a creative person. There are so many things I want to make, see, and do.


I have even contemplated going back to school to study interior design at the LDS business college in Salt Lake City, Utah.


When I feel good I do make, see, and do and when I don’t my life is the disorganized junk on the table from the commercial.


The past week has particularly been rough. I am currently carrying around two tote bags and a purse. 
I have been late to work every day for a week. I slept in my car on my lunch break. I just put the Halloween decorations in the attic yesterday. I need to prepare and help Granny cook for Thanksgiving. The kitchen floor needs to be mopped and the toilet scrubbed…... All I want to do is crawl in my bed.

I realize I am going to have to deal with this for the rest of my life. I am trying to adjust to what triggers flair up’s and what I can do to help ease my symptoms.


Exercise and trying to learn to avoid stress has helped me allot. Also, I have also started a prescription to help calm my muscles/over active nerves at night to help me sleep has also given me some relief.


I just have to remember to “keep swimming!”
 

Comments

Popular Posts