Oh A Happy Day!

Hello Friends,

On Thursday, December 21, I was confirmed a Catholic.
After a very rough two years it feels as if my soul has been healed and I can finally move on with my life.
It's been a very long time coming. 
I started RCIA (The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) classes NINE years ago. 
Anytime I was in crises mode I always found myself pulling out my rosary beads and Catholic prayers for comfort. 
I started back the RCIA classes in March of this year.
I was grateful I was allowed to be confirmed right before Christmas instead of having to wait until Easter.
The best gift I could ever receive.
I chose the teacher of my class Patrick Hessian and his wife Penny as my sponsors.
Several of my Aunts and my dear friend Laurie and her husband Don came out to support more.
I felt so happy that night!
It was such a beautiful service and the words Father James said spoke to my heart.
Later we all went out to celebrate as a group for a lovely dinner.
I am really horrible at making decisions (maybe it's a Libra thing?) 
I feel like God made this one loud and clear. 
If only I had listened to those promptings from the very beginning.
I feel like it really is the start of a new beginning for me.

Much love and happiness in the New Year!

Love,
             Tonya

(Ignore that it is was the end of the day, by that point, my leggings are all stretched out and the curls had fallen out of my hair!)







Comments

  1. Oh Tonya,
    I am so very happy for you!!!!!!!
    May God bless you as you begin this new year with all that faith in your heart!
    I love the rosary so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts