Thanksgiving 2019

This was the first Thanksgiving I cooked the whole meal by myself!

My Sister and her family drove up from Hickory and we celebrated the day after Thanksgiving.

My apartment is small, and not sure Granny would be able to get up and down the steps, so I cooked over at Granny's house. 

My brother in law, Matt, told my Sister it was the best Thanksgiving he had ever had. 

About 10 minutes after I got back to my apartment Life Alert called to say Granny had fallen and hit her head. 

She was trying to hurry to the bathroom, tripped on a rug, and fell. 

She will be 98 in January and does amazing for her age, but she is not very steady on her feet, and her eye sight is starting to deteriorate. 

I spent the night and all day the next day with her. I heated up leftovers and we watched PBS and Hallmark movies all day.  It felt like old times and made me sad for lots of different reasons. I love her so much and my heart aches to see her age start to catch up with her. 

A reminder I need to spend all of the time I can with her.

~Tonya


Cranberry Eggnog pie was a crowd favorite. 


Cranberry Orange Sauce





My cute niece Lulu




Comments

Popular Posts